Sunday, February 11, 2007

Still alive here despite the long silence

Oh wow. The year really got to a flying start, didn't it? The whole of January and almost half a February gone before I get the first post of the year in. And I still don't have much to say, I'm afraid.

Which will probably tell you what I've been up to lately. Yup, work, work, work. The Christmas break was long waited for and sorely needed, and I'm equally happy that there's the winter vacation coming in a week. Yay for vacations! (Not that work has been bad lately, it's just nice to get out of the reach of the students every once and a while, just to have some time for myself.)

Vacations are always something to look forward to (I can't, for example, wait till my summertrip to London and Wales with my friend in June), but at its best work is highly motivating in itself, too. Especially when people give you good feedback on work well done. I got some of that last week and it made my day. The compliments even included a strong hint I might be asked to continue working at the school for at least one more year. Yay! I certainly hope that's going to happen. I really like my "deal" at the moment, combining history, Finnish and tutoring. And if the principals like my input, I'm more than happy to get one more year of work experience from this school.

But this brings forth the nearly eternal problem of finally graduating. I took a pretty serious step forward in that matter today, I'll know more next week. I'm getting so sick and tired of the ghost of the thesis looming behind me all the time that I'm forced to face a few facts in order to get the darned thing to go away. One of them being the fact that work takes most of my time and the thesis has to be done somewhere in between. Which is not a whole lot of time or energy. But if everything goes well, I'll be able to begin ghostbusting for real pretty soon. Keep your fingers crossed, I'll keep you posted.

Ah, better be going now, got to plan some lessons for the week. Ta ta.

No comments: