Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day!

I wish each and every one of my friends a very happy Valentine's Day! Without you my life would be dull and boring and not worth much. Thank you for all the joys, sorrows, secrets, giggles, roaring laughters, tears, adventures, thoughts, ideas, moments and whatnot that you've shared with me. Couldn't survive without you. :)

I won't post a lovey-dovey picture here. Instead you can imagine it. This'll be sort of a comic strip, actually. First scene: A picture with, say, a dozen or so cute penguins (wearing funny woolly hats) sliding down an iceberg on one of those huge rubbery raft thingies and having a lot of fun, whooping and cheering and laughing. Second scene: At least three penguins have fallen off the raft (because it's packed full of penguins) and they're laughing their little penguin bums off in the snow when they watch the rest of the gang swooshing down the slide. Third scene: All the penguins in the raft go topsy-turvy-upside-down, some in the water and some in the snow, some are still in the air flipflopping around There are little woolly hats everywhere, even an occasional scarf too. Fourth and final scene: The penguins are all tugging the raft back up the side of the iceberg, still having loads of fun. Caption: Everything is more fun with friends!

There. That's your Valentine's card from me this year. Anyone who wants to draw it, feel free. I'd like to see the result. :)

Hmm. That was a welcome break for my brain today. I've sat here by the computer more than 8 hours analyzing the dialect of Masku. My brain just hurts now. I have the presentation tomorrow and then I can just sit and relax for the rest of the course, phew. If I never have to think about disappearing vowels again, I won't much regret it. Yes, the vowels do disappear around these areas in Finland. Mysterious little critters, them vowels, you see?

Yup, I think I've about had it now with this sitting in front of the screen -business for one day. Time to go watch some tv... *grin*

5 comments:

Tytti said...

Happy late Valentine's Day to you too, dear friend!

Would you like to buy a vowel? Sorry, couldn't resist... ;)

Johanna said...

Sure. Mostly a:s and i:s, then, if you will be so kind? And actually, I'm in need of a few consonants also... N:s and t:s, namely. :)

Tytti said...

As a true girl from the northern plains I have plenty of extra vowels in my back pocket. I suppose those disappearing vowels and consonants tend to travel northwards but never come back...

Johanna said...

Ah, the former theories of the Finnish dialects have thus been proved erratic. The vowels and consonants aren't disappearing but migrating North instead... Interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

Kirjota nopeemmin, mulla menee kaikki päivät tän kyttäämiseen... S