Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Exhaustion...

Small miracles do happen. Like the one that let me get through the day. I was so sure at 8 a.m. that I wouldn't be able to do everything I was supposed to and yet, lo and behold, I'm done.

I don't enjoy days like this a whole lot. I don't know if anyone does, but I sure don't. Days, when I'm too busy to eat and end up feeling soddin' awful because of it. Days, when I simply know there's too much to do within, say, 6 hours. Days, when I'm happy to be done with it, but when I have a nagging feeling I didn't do too well.

Blah. I most certainly am not completely satisfied with my work today. It probably has more to do with the fact that I'm basically starving and somewhat sleep deprivated than it has with my actual success today. Blah, blah, blah.

On the bright side, I now have only one more lesson left of the course (plus the review) and some of my students are writing pretty good essays by now. Good for them!

On an even brighter side - KoH soundtrack arrived today! Whee! I've been listening to it on constant repeat and it's so good! I love the more meditative, medieval-ish choir pieces and the light touch of oriental rhythms here and there, the songs that are more clearly of oriental origin... And Ibelin's theme (both versions of it, actually) is just beautiful!

Music can be such a strong mood setter. (Stating the obvious here, duh...) I literally was holding back tears when I heard the first songs for the first time today. Then again, that's nothing noticeably odd for me, since I tend to be a bit over-sensitive about a lot of things. Music being one of those things.

I think I've become definitely more sensitive about music and the peculiar kind of storytelling effect of music after I started dancing. I can't remember ever being so moved by music before I began to try and express the music through dancing. I don't know if it really has anything to do with it, but it could.

Actually, it must have something to do with it, because now I very easily "see" music as movement. Especially anything with an oriental influence or a strong rhythm in it. I did start planning a choreography to the above-mentioned Ibelin's theme already... :) But just because I need to change my solo music for next year's performance of our latest dance recital. The one where I'm Fikriya. Remember those pictures a while back? :)

As a fangirlish afterthought - it'll be nice to dance to Balian's themesong... Teeheee.

Which would nicely bring me to comment on the ponderings Tytti and Mari have posted in their blogs lately, but I think I'm too tired to analyze my fangirly sentiments about Orlando or any other stunning male actor in a very academic manner at the moment.

Wow. This must be real exhaustion. I'm too tired to rant about gorgeous guys? Dear me, I never would've thought the day would come...

No comments: