Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Blues over a red car

I don't have a car anymore. I sold my darling today. I hate to admit it, but I feel a bit sad. It was my somewhat loyal companion for nearly ten years and now it's gone. *sigh*

On the bright side, though, it couldn't have been bought at a better moment. I can go and buy some food now, which is always good fun. Eating, that is. I can even afford an ice cream. ;) So thank you, my irritating, endearing and surprising Skoda for this last service. (Personificating a car? Who, me?)

The buyer seemed nice enough and he'd had a car like that before, so I'm fairly confident that he'll take good care of it, at least for a while. It's really, really odd how I somehow think that's important...

So, my friends, no more Therapy-Skoda services or round trips to Ruissalo beach. Services will begin again when the resources have been renewed.

I'll go and stare out of the balcony door now, feeling carless. The guy said he'd come and pick the car up in a while, but it's still there in the parking lot. *snif*

2 comments:

White Rabbit said...

It's so easy to get attached!! You've probably shared hundreds of adventures with your little skoda. It's not at all strange to feel sad about it.

At least you'll have ice cream to comfort you!!!!

Johanna said...

Yes, the Skoda and I definitely had our adventures! ;)

And you're right, ice cream is good comfort food, especially in this weather!